A dental implant is an artificial tooth root made of titanium. It is placed in the jawbone and a crown, dental bridge or a denture made of acrylic or ceramic is attached. This post delivers stability to the restoration.
Our experienced staff at DC Dental Spa are proficient with the placement of all full mouth dental implants. Our advanced technology is a win-win, and our friendly atmosphere will help us evaluate your problem to devise a solution quickly. Call 202-873-1054 for an initial consultation and let us help you design a full mouth dental implant and bring back your healthy smile.
Precise Planning for Your Implant Placements
We use advanced digital technology to ensure the accuracy of your implant treatment. Using a state-of-the-art 3D CT scanner, we capture a detailed 360-degree view of your entire mouth and jaw, which includes the nerves and bone density. Then special 3D software allows us to map out the exact location and the angle of each implant, simulating the entire procedure. We can create a surgical guide to use during the procedure to aid in implant placement. The use of this amazing 3D imaging and digital planning make the procedure both efficient and minimally invasive.
Full Mouth Dental Implants are Strong, Stable, Natural-looking, and Fully Functional
With our specialized training in the implant placement and the creation of new teeth, we are experienced at knowing how the new teeth will look and function. The restoration appliance, whether it is a crown, bridge or dentures that will attach to the implants are fabricated at a certified dental lab, which only uses high-quality materials for long-lasting comfort and fit.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
Compared with other tooth replacement restoration options, dental implants are the most reliable, longest lasting, and most realistic-looking option. You will not even notice the difference between your natural teeth and the dental implants. The titanium posts deliver stability, pressure sensations and even temperature changes.
Dental implants provide natural biting and chewing power, allowing you to eat all of foods that you enjoy for your proper diet and health. Implants do not require the adjacent teeth to be modified, as is the case with a dental bridge, and because they fuse with the jawbone, they help prevent jawbone atrophy that results from missing teeth.
The Combination of Dentures and Implants
Traditional standard dentures can become inconvenient, unstable, and uncomfortable. And while dental implants are the best option for single tooth replacements, but when it comes to an entire full arch, they can be too expensive and quite complicated. By putting these two treatments together we can offer a solution that works for nearly everyone: implant-supported overdentures. With this treatment we will place four dental implants in the jawbone and then attach full dental bridge to these titanium posts, giving you a strong and stable full row of teeth.
The Benefits of Implant-Supported Dentures
- The cost: This treatment only requires four implants per arch, making it much more affordable than placing an entire row of implants.
- Convenience: All the benefits of implants when it comes to your oral health as well as the removable benefit of the dentures.
- Bone Graft-Free: Two of the four implants are placed at special angles in the back of the jaw to make the best use of your available jawbone. This eliminates the need for bone grafting.
- Faster Healing: With less time in the dental chair and less time healing at home round out the benefits of full arch restorations.
Full Arch Replacement Procedure
As with any dental implant procedures, you will be given a local anesthetic to numb your tissue for comfort during the surgery and thus will not feel a thing. Any post-operation soreness is manageable with over-the-counter medications, and any necessary prescriptions will be discussed at your appointment.
Your Options for Implant Supported Dentures
- Ball Attachment Denture- Two dental implants are placed in your lower jaw, onto which a denture tray snaps into the posts. This option is far more stable than the traditional, removable dentures. Periodic appointments will ensure any proper adjustments.
- Bar Attachment Denture- Referred as “overdentures”, this process involves the placing of four to six implants in your lower jaw. A custom support bar then connects the implants, and a denture tray with internal retention clips is attached to the support bar. This option is quite popular as the denture is more stable than with ball attachments, but it is still removable for proper cleaning.
- Hybrid Half-Denture/Half-Fixed- Known as a screw-retained denture, this option offers you maximum stability. Placed now on five or more dental implants and secured in place by screws or clasps, the denture is considered permanent and only removed by us for maintenance. The denture does not contact any gum tissue, allowing you to clean under it without removal.
- Upper Arch Replacements- The treatment options for the upper arch are the same as those mentioned for the lower arch. Sometimes additional implants are needed to compensate for softer jawbone.
- Individual Implants- There is the option to have each missing tooth replaced by an individual dental implant. This option delivers increased stability, the preservation of the jawbone and a natural look. However, the process is costly and time-consuming.
The Costs and Affordable Implant Options
If you need teeth replaced, you will receive comprehensive implant treatment. This includes the dental implants and any temporary and final appliances. DC Dental Spa has competitive pricing, and we offer flexible payment and financing options to make it easy for you to get the dental care you need.
We will explain each phase of treatment in easily understandable terms. You will be educated on the proper care of your dental implants. Our 3D cone beam CT scanner uses low-radiation X-rays to capture 3D images of your entire mouth and jaw area for treatment planning.
High Quality Care You Can Trust
At DC Dental Spa our downtown office will schedule accordingly to accommodate your busy schedule. Our entire staff embraces the gratification we feel in developing strong and lasting relationships with each of our patients. We respect the trust that our patients continue to place in us. We are incredibly careful and calculated about exercising preventative overall dental health and delivering the enjoyment that comes with your healthy smile. Visit us today at DC Dental Spa, 730 24th St. NW, Suite 9, Washington, DC, 20037, or call 202-873-1054 for an evaluation and consultation to address whether a full mouth dental implant is a viable option for you.